Friday, April 14, 2023

Significance and Development Direction of DPCW

Prof. Dr. Md Nazrul Islam

Chairman and Professor, Department of Law, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh , HWPL International Law Peace Committee Member

 

Hello, everyone. I’m Prof. Dr. Md Nazrul Islam (Asif Nazrul), Chairman of Department of Law, University of Dhaka. First of all, I would like to thank HWPL Chairman Man Hee Lee for inviting me to ‘HWPL’s 7th Annual Commemoration of the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW)’ and giving me an opportunity to give a speech at this session.

 

After my first visit to South Korea in 2015, I wrote up the draft of the DPCW, and 10 articles and 38 clauses of the DPCW were completed with the efforts of the renowned legal experts around the world and the constant feedback of Chairman Lee. So, in this presentation, let me give you the significance and development process of the DPCW that I witnessed.

 

Let me bring us back to when I had a meeting with Chairman Lee. When Chairman Man Hee Lee explained to me that HWPL wants to develop their documents of peace, calling for the cessation of war, and spreading the culture of peace, I told him “There are many documents which are passed by the United Nations General Assembly, there is a UN charter and international agreement. Why do you want to add a new document?

What will be the use of that?”

He just communicated to me that he wanted to develop a document from a global citizen perspective and to also address the deficiencies and what was lacking of the UN charter and UN documents.

 

HWPL proclaimed the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War (DPCW) in 2016, which was drafted by the HWPL International Law Peace Committee, which is comprised of renowned international law experts from 15 different states. This declaration, comprised of 10 articles and 38 clauses, aims to restore the spirit that served as the basis for the establishment of the United Nations and to achieve sustainable peace by promoting the universal values of the global community.

 

WWW.HWPL.KR

#PEACE_WORLD #DPCW_1038 #HWPL #UN #GLOBAL #BANGLADESH #IPYG #IWPG #WARP_OFFICE

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DPCW_1038: HWPL’s 8th Annual Commemoration of the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War

https://www.hwpl.kr/language/en/ Building the Minds of Peace: Promoting Institutional Peace via Intercultural Dialogue and Understanding ▲ ...